Peisley Street

From The Orange Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Orange was first known as Blackman’s Swamp but it became ‘Peisleys’ when an inn was built by John Peisley on the site of the present Victoria Hotel. It was a name that stuck for a generation and the street which later adjoined his property was known as Peisley Street.

John Peisley was the first Borough Chairman of Orange and the second Member of Parliament to represent Orange.

  • Folster, William 'Streets named after admirals' Central Western Daily 6 January 1949
Personal tools