Sampson Street

From The Orange Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

William Erly Sampson was given a grant of 640 acres on the western boundary of Orange for a purchase price on £160. This grant was made on 22 November 1836 and called ‘Campdale’ which is the land where the Kinross Wolaroi PLC site is as the Duntryleague area. So far as can be ascertained Sampson never lived in Orange. In 1838 he was living in Bathurst and in 1842 it is recorded he was poundkeeper at Mudgee.

Sampson Street appears on the 1866 Map of Orange.

  • Hughes, L. Streets of town, [Orange and District Historical Society]. n.d.
  • Weathersten, Paul. 1988 W Folster’s articles: the writings of William (Bill) Folster compiled by his grandson
Personal tools